Now seeking individuals guided by compassion and customer service.
When we open in late 2017, Homestead at Hamilton will employ a dedicated, skilled staff of individuals who take pride in the retirement living community and deep respect for those who live there. If you are interested in applying, please complete the form below or send your resumé to email@example.com.
The Following Positions are Currently Available:
Are you a compassionate and highly qualified professional with a love for providing outstanding customer service? Do you want to work in a luxury residential community while making a difference in the lives of people? If so, the Homestead at Hamilton luxury senior living community wants you!
Click Job Title to Expand and View Description:
The Valeo Director maintains an organized and diversified program of individual and group activities, which will enable each Resident to engage in diverse cultural, spiritual, physical, social and intellectual activities within the Community in order to sustain and promote the Resident’s potential and sense of usefulness to self and others.
Education and Experience:
- An associate degree from an accredited college or university, or proof of satisfactory completion of two years of college, with major course of study in recreation or related field, or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field in a senior adult population.
- Driver Requirements: State driver license required with clean driving record and will have completed all HR policies and procedures for Community driver.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Basic typing skills and computer knowledge to include familiarity with MS Word and other pertinent software.
- Provides outstanding services to all Residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing to Associates, families, and Residents.
- Conducts quarterly Resident surveys evaluating current activities and suggesting new ones.
- Prepares a Schedule of Activities one month in advance of its implementation, which is amended when necessary to reflect changes.
- Reviews Schedule of Activities with General Manager before finalizing and posting.
- Possesses computer skills to create calendar online/electronically.
- Ensures that a full activity program is offered seven days a week.
- Drives the van.
- Maintains Resident Birthday List and mails birthday cards to Residents in a timely manner.
- Works closely with appointed Community Associates to coordinate activities/ programs.
- Participates in the care planning of Residents by communicating observations to the Resident Care Director, both directly and at staff meetings.
- Maintains a record of each Resident’s activities.
- Posts the current monthly, weekly, and daily Schedule of Activities in public areas and at the nursing station, and distributes to Department Managers.
- Attends a monthly Resident Meeting with General Manager and works with him/her on proposed agenda.
- Maintains adequate records and staffing schedules.
- Creates and maintains a record of the planned and implemented scheduled activities for six months.
- Assures that all Associates involved in programs/activities receive appropriate in-service education, including comprehensive dementia training as per Community policy.
- Participates in budgeting process Meets monthly budget targets, monetary and labor hours, with any variances to be discussed with General Manager.
- Maintains appropriate Associate attendance records at on-time meetings and team events, and notifies appropriate manager if an Associate is late or unable to work, in accordance with HR personnel policies.
- Notifies department managers in advance of work schedule variations.
- Accommodates special events, evening, and weekend programs, etc., in work schedules.
Compliance and Safety:
- Follows all emergency procedures.
- Understands safety policies and procedures.
- Is sincerely committed to working with the Community’s senior population.
- Is creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team-oriented.
- Is able to effectively manage Associates and volunteers.
- Displays patience, tact, enthusiasm, and a cheerful disposition.
- Creates a positive atmosphere for Residents with an engaging variety of activities.
- Promotes the Community in a positive manner and effectively communicates Community values to Residents, families, and Associates.
- Physically able to bend and reach.
- Physically able to push and pull and lift up to 40-50 pounds if necessary.
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Community calls may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes. In order to ensure the proper execution and conduct during calls with family members and customers, calls are subject to quality control monitoring.
- May have their picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
- May be subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B & C viruses.
- Could be subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents due to mental status.
- Must be in good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases.
- Background, criminal, and drug tests may be required.
- May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
- Successful completion of company orientation.
- Current state driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- General Manager